Whether you're moving into your first home or relocating, there are some key pieces that will lay the foundation for good design.
As your home expands you can integrate these pieces with new arrivals to keep your space fresh & inspired.
We've put together out top 9 must have's that are neutral enough you'll never tire of the endless design possibilities!
Our top 9 favorites :
1. A neutral sofa with a classic structured shape. You can move this around the house as your space expands and change out the look with just a few throw pillows and throws. Genius!
2. A statement rug will add a tonne of style. Pick a color you * love * but will not tire of in at least a 7 x 9' size. Depending on the size of your living room you can tuck it under the sofa or pull it out.
3. A metallic table lamp ( or a pair if you can afford them ) - choose a classic design and you'll love them for years
4. A handful of inexpensive throw pillows. Mix and match any style and welcome the change of seasons. Paired against your neutral sofa you can soon makeover your space.
5. A neutral accent chair in a classic shape. You'll find yourself moving this around your home as you grow, perfect for a master sitting area, guest room or dining room end chair.
6. White bedding. Yes, super fresh and clean but you can makeover your bedroom with just a few decorative pillows, throws and shams! Voila!
7. Plush towels - we prefer white, easy to clean and bleach as needed. You'll find these wash well do to the high thread count and plus they feel nice right?
8. A matching dinner set - nothing is prettier than a co-ordinated set of plates & dishes. So throw out the cracked mugs and invest in a set you'd be happy to serve.
9. Finally, what better way to celebrate your new space than with a toast in pretty glasses? Whatever you choose stock up on 4 or 8 then you'll always have enough for all those parties!
Did this help? still have questions? send us an email to email@example.com
Are we friends yet? Sign up for our * FREE* newsletter packed with stylish design tips & tricks delivered direct to your inbox :)
Michelle & Maralyn Xo